GR 1144


Feb 08, 2021
Testing for the disease COVID-19 is also done with the immunochromatography method, the well-known rapid tests. The result is available in 5 minutes. The sensitivity of the method is 92% and the specificity is 98%.
Homed-Fast COVID-19 TEST


Fast COVID-19 test is quickly done using the immunochromatography method, also known as rapid tests. These tests stand out for their speed, delivering results in just 5 minutes, making them a convenient option for individuals and healthcare providers.

The rapid COVID-19 test has a 92% sensitivity rate and a 98% specificity. Sensitivity measures how accurately the test identifies infected individuals, while specificity gauges its ability to correctly identify those not infected.

A negative result on this test means there’s an 8% chance it might incorrectly show no infection when the virus is present. This situation highlights the need for additional testing in cases with suspected exposure or symptoms.


 A positive result has just a 2% chance of being incorrect. This high reliability suggests a positive test result is likely accurate, indicating a 98% probability of actual infection.

However, no test is entirely accurate. These statistics show a balance between detecting true cases (sensitivity) and avoiding false detections (specificity). The rapid test’s quick results are particularly valuable in urgent situations and initial screenings, especially in areas without ready access to PCR testing.

For fast COVID-19 status assessments, particularly when immediate treatment or isolation decisions are crucial, the rapid antigen test is an effective tool.
To enhance the understanding of rapid COVID-19 tests, it’s important to consider their role in pandemic management. These tests enable widespread, accessible testing, crucial for tracking virus spread. They are particularly useful in settings where PCR tests, which require specialized equipment and longer processing times, are not feasible. Rapid tests allow for timely isolation of infected individuals, helping to curb transmission. Additionally, they are vital for screening in high-traffic areas like airports, schools, and workplaces, aiding in early detection and prompt response to potential outbreaks. Their ease of use and affordability also make them a key tool in global health efforts, especially in resource-limited settings. Rapid testing, coupled with other measures like vaccination and public health guidelines, plays a pivotal role in controlling COVID-19’s impact.

If you want to undergo a rapid antigen test, click here .

Follow the protective measures and stay healthy!




+30 or WhatsApp +30 697.69.13.046


The call center is available 24/7 at +30
The WhatsApp phone at +30 697.69.13.046 is available daily from 07:00 to 23:00.