Rapid and PCR tests
We perform tests for the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which causes the COVID-19 disease in our Medical Clinic, Ermou 18 Str, Syntagma Square.
There is always the required QR code on each result document.
There are two types of tests for coronavirus:
- Rapid (antigen) test. It detects the presence of proteins, which are found at the surface of the virus. The method is immuno-assay. It is a very quick test and the results are available within minutes.
- PCR test. It detects the presence of specific genes of the virus, via repeated multiplication of the RNA. It is performed in the laboratory and it requires at least 3 hours.
All laboratory examinations are characterized by two factors:
- Sensitivity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of negative result.
- Specificity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of positive result.
RAPID (Antigen) test
- Sensitivity = 92% (8% false negative results)
- Specificity = 98% (2% false positive results)
- Sensitivity = 98% (2% false negative results)
- Specificity = 100% (NO false positive results)
- Rapid test: 20 €
- PCR: 60 €
TEST RESULTS’ DELIVERY:
All tests are delivered at the recipient’s email address.
- Rapid tests: Within 1 hour.
- PCR test results:
- For samples collected 08:00-12:00 on Monday-Friday, results are delivered after 21:00 the same day.
- For samples collected 08:00-9:00 on Saturday, results are delivered after 21:00 the same day.
- For samples collected after these hours and on Sunday, results are delivered after 21:00 on the next working day.
You don’t need to book an appointment for your test.
However it is essential to insert your personal details (name, passport number etc.) in our system by yourself.
This can be done in two ways:
- As soon as you come to our Clinic, using your cellular phone.
- Before you come here, following this link.
It is important to stay safe and healthy!
We have special procedures to avoid simultaneous presence of more than 2-3 persons in the building.
- Proceed to the stand with the LED sign across Ermou Str. Our team will help you.
- Take a priority number.
- Should you have already completed the form by using the above link, ask our personnel to add your priority number to your existing request.
- Otherwise, scan the QR code provided, to set your request by inserting your personal details. WI-FI is available. There is also a tablet available, for the case that you don’t have a cellular phone. You will be asked to type your priority number. As soon as you click “SUBMIT”, your request appears in our system.
- Wait until your priority number appears on the LED sign and then proceed to the Clinic for the sample collection.
- Your result will be sent to your email address.