Rapid and PCR tests
NEW: Express PCR (available in 40 minutes)
Without appointment, 7 days/week, from 07:00 to 23:00
Express PCR is a part of a multiple test, including 4 viruses: Influenza A&B, RSV and SARS-CoV-2.
We perform tests for the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which causes the COVID-19 disease in our Medical Clinic, Ermou 18 Str, Syntagma Square, inside the arcade.
There is always the required QR code on each result document.
There are two types of tests for coronavirus:
- Rapid (antigen) test. It detects the presence of proteins, which are found at the surface of the virus. The method is immuno-assay. It is a very quick test and the results are available within minutes.
- PCR test. It detects the presence of specific genes of the virus, via repeated multiplication of the RNA. It is performed in the laboratory and it requires at least 3 hours.
All laboratory examinations are characterized by two factors:
- Sensitivity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of negative result.
- Specificity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of positive result.
RAPID (Antigen) test
- Sensitivity = 92% (8% false negative results)
- Specificity = 98% (2% false positive results)
- Sensitivity = 98% (2% false negative results)
- Specificity = 100% (NO false positive results)
- Rapid test: 10 €
- PCR: 47 €
- Express PCR: 120 €
TEST RESULTS’ DELIVERY:
All tests are delivered at the recipient’s email address.
- Rapid tests: Within 1 hour.
- PCR test results: Within the day.
- EXPRESS PCR test: 40 minutes after sample acquisition.
You don’t need to book an appointment for your test.
However it is essential to insert your personal details (name, passport number etc.) in our system by yourself.
This can be done in two ways:
- As soon as you come to our Clinic, using your cellular phone, or the keyboard available outside our office. Our personnell will be happy to assist you.
- Before you come here, following this link.