Rapid and PCR tests
We perform tests for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which causes the COVID-19 disease in our Medical Clinic, Ermou 16-18 Str, Syntagma Square.
There are two types of tests for coronavirus:
- Rapid (antigen) test. It detects the presence of proteins, which are found at the surface of the virus. The method is immuno-assay. It is a very quick test and the results are available within minutes.
- PCR test. It detects the presence of specific genes of the virus, via repeated multiplication of the RNA. It is performed in the laboratory and it requires at least 3 hours.
All laboratory examinations are characterized by two factors:
- Sensitivity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of negative result.
- Specificity. It reflects the degree of certainty in the case of positive result.
RAPID (Antigen) test
- Sensitivity = 92% (8% false negative results)
- Specificity = 98% (2% false positive results)
- Sensitivity = 98% (2% false negative results)
- Specificity = 100% (NO false positive results)
TEST RESULTS’ DELIVERY:
All tests are delivered at the recipient’s email address.
- Rapid tests: Within a few minutes.
- PCR test results: Within the day.
You don’t need to book an appointment for your test.